Keelboat Seamanship Skills
This course will help you improve self-reliance and decision-making skills, maneuvering of a dinghy/Keelboat and making seamanship decisions in moderate conditions.
Much of the work on this course will be done without an instructor aboard but with a greater depth of onshore feedback.
- Minimum age: 16 yrs
- Prior experience: Sailing skills to be Level 2 standard
- Duration: 2 days
- Sailing theory and background
- Capsize recovery – total inversion
- Preparation of road trailer
- Rope work
- Launching and recovery
- Sailing techniques and manoeuvers – Man overboard, reefing afloat, being towed, sailing without a rudder, sailing backwards