Personal Watercraft Proficiency Course
You may know these as Jet Skis. They can be single-seater machines or can accommodate two or three people. They are fast and exciting, but need to be handled with care. This course is ideal for those who are new to the sport and interested in learning how to use their craft with confidence, responsibly and above all safely.
The course is designed for first time and experienced riders alike. Increasingly, our certificate is required for launching in UK harbours and is also needed when using your personal watercraft abroad.
- Minimum age: 12
- Prior experience: None
- Duration: 1 day (Approx. 09:00 - 17:30)
- Launching & recovery
- Low & high speed handling
- Man overboard recovery
- Coming alongside/marina handling
- Towing & emergency situations
- Basic navigation & passage planning
- Road rules (IRPCS) & byelaws
- Weather & tides
- Aftercare & maintenance